The icing on the cake
PUBLISHED: 15:04 10 July 2009 | UPDATED: 08:56 21 February 2013
Whether you are having a traditional ceremony or a more unusual event to celebrate your wedding it is likely that - after the bride and groom, of course - the wedding cake will take centre stage so, you will want to make sure it is as special and ...
Whether you are having a traditional ceremony or a more unusual event to celebrate your wedding it is likely that - after the bride and groom, of course - the wedding cake will take centre stage so, you will want to make sure it is as special and unique as you are. As the second most photographed item on the day, deciding what type of cake to have is very important but it also should be one of the most enjoyable parts of organising your wedding. Just follow our easy steps:
1. You need to know how many guests are attending the wedding - this is crucial in order to choose the right size of cake.
2. Do you have a design in mind? Does your wedding have a theme? The traditional wedding cake is still very popular but there are lots of alternatives. Contemporary designs might feature coloured icing and detailed decoration to fit the colour scheme or theme.
3. Are you planning a traditional cake cutting? If so your cake needs height so it can be seen from across the room. You can choose a style with cake pillars or separators, a stacked cake, individual cakes on a metal stand or individual cup cakes arranged for height.
4. What flavours do you like - a wedding cake doesn't have to be a traditional fruit cake it could be a plain or flavoured sponge or a mixture of types.
5. How is your cake to be eaten? Is it to be served as dessert, with coffee or for your guests to take home?
6. It's your special day so don't feel you have to have a traditional style - make it memorable, the only limitation is your imagination!
7. Come and see us, look through our extensive portfolio, bring any photos, design ideas, colour swatches or just your wish list and we will create a bespoke design. You can talk to the people who will make your cake, discuss your requirements and process your order.
Cake Creators Ltd of Shrewsbury has been making wedding cakes for brides since 1993 and was taken over by home economist Anne Tucker last December. Tel:
01743 361415 or 0783 4484977.