A Victorian Christmas at Blists Hill
PUBLISHED: 12:33 02 December 2014 | UPDATED: 12:43 02 December 2014
This Christmas join the residents at Blists Hill Victorian Town as they get in to the festive spirit
As you wander around the Town you will experience the atmosphere of a bygone era and be treated to an array of traditional celebrations from the 1800s. In the cosy cottages, listen to stories of life more than 100 years ago, enjoy seasonal music from bands and choirs alongside festive entertainment from Blists’ group of actors. And, of course, there’ll be chance to do some Christmas present shopping in the Town’s shops.
New for 2014 will be the Family Activities Workshop in the Goods Shed where, at no additional charge, children will be able to have a go at a wide range of traditional activities such as printing Christmas cards, making paper-chain decorations, writing letters to Father Christmas and fun quizzes about fascinating Christmas facts. A ‘perfect Victorian Christmas card scene’ will be on display centred on a beautifully decorated Christmas tree surrounded by presents.
• Visit Father Christmas in his Grotto
• Enjoy entertainment at Mr Morton’s Christmas Party including a mini-pantomime performance of Little Red Riding Hood
• Watch a Punch & Judy show and a Magician
• Listen to the Brass Bands and Carol Singers
• Shop for presents in the Town’s shops
• Take a donkey ride on the Green
• Ride on a horse and carriage around the Town
• Take part in a Victorian school lesson
60 Plus £13.00
Family (2 adults and 2 children) £48
A visit to see Father Christmas in his Grotto is an additional £3.50 per child and includes a gift.
Blists Hill Victorian Town will be open from 10am until 4pm on the weekends of Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 December and Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 December
For more information, visit: www.ironbridge.org.uk/plan-your-visit/events-and-exhibitions-calendar/victorian-christmas-2/view/2014-12-06